Mask wearing, toxins in the environment and harsh weather are big factors that have a huge effect on your skin. The heat, smoke and ash, dust and the sun can make our skin look dull, dry and devitalized. When your skin is not happy, it lets you know. And, since your skin makes up a big part of how you present to the world each day, you want to keep it happy and healthy-looking. Here’s how.
What you can do at home.
- Alternate cleansers from an enzyme to a gentle moisturizing wash. Remember to cleanse your skin every night before bed to wash away the day’s dirt and grime.
- Add hydrating serums to give back moisture. Use at night for the restorative benefits, and when your skin feels tight and dry.
- Exfoliate with a mask – but not with the one you wear! Do this once to twice a week. And you should also be wearing a clean face mask daily.
- Sunscreen – this is a MUST! You should not walk out of the house without first putting it on, especially when spending hours in an outdoor activity.
- Practice a smart home care routine. Using the right products daily will help to get and sustain healthy-looking skin. It’s an investment that pays dividends with happy, more radiant skin!
Here’s what we can do at youbaby Skin Spa.
- Microdermabrasion. The removal of dead cells from the skin is a vital part of overall skin health. The exfoliating action of inert crystals with Microdermabrasion smooths away and removes the outer layers of the skin so new skin can grow in its place. Dull, and devitalized skin will look fresh and vibrant, fine lines are softened, and pore size is reduced.
- FotoFacial/IPL – Intense Pulsed Light. FotoFacial reduces redness, fades or completely erases age spots, dark spots, blotchy patches or other skin imperfections without damage to the skin's surface. Your skin will feel firmer, and redness and flushed skin will also begin to appear lighter with a more even tone.
- PICO Genesis. PICO Genesis clears pigment naturally without removing layers of skin. Pigmentation is decreased while collagen production is increased. Healthy new cells are produced that firm and plump the skin, softening fine lines and wrinkles. PICO Genesis is effective on all skin types and each treatment is accumulative. Virtually everyone can benefit from the procedure.
- PICO Genesis FX. A premium laser therapy that smooths out fine lines, wrinkles, and crepe texture, resolves pigments, reduces appearance of scars, and sun and age spots. FX generates healthy new collagen and elastin deep down at the skin's cell structure. Long-lasting results are on par with any traditional resurfacing laser with very little discomfort and no lengthy recovery time to yield beautiful healthy skin.
Whether it’s at home or in the clinic, you can get rid of dry, dull and summer skin, and make your skin happy and healthy with a few very easy changes. Remember to ask your skin care professional for recommendations for how to modify your skin care routines or procedures to help your skin look and feel healthy and refreshed.
Check out our seasonal incentives at www.youbabyskinspa.com.